And the Holy Spirit?
When Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit it’s like…
- A breath of fresh air blowing away all the dirt and dust in your life and filling you with new energy.
- A strong water current carrying you only towards things and people that are doing you good.
- An inner compass, pointing to what is true and guiding you in making wise and good choices.
How do I know that the Holy Spirit is active in my life?
In the Bible we learn that the Holy Spirit produces spiritual fruits within people. If you notice a growth of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trust, gentleness and self-control, then the Holy Spirit is clearly at work!
The Holy Spirit and Prayer
In the Bible we learn that the Holy Spirit helps us to pray. When you find yourself longing for God and the things of God, then the Holy Spirit has made a home in your heart!
Speaking with God
Many Christians enjoy speaking with God during times of prayer. They describe it like having a conversation with a friend. Jesus spoke easily with people and, through the promptings of the Holy Spirit, we too can tell God how we are and share our concerns with him. As we get to know Jesus more by reading about what he said to people in the Bible, so we can hear him speaking to us in our hearts.
- Think about what a breath of fresh air feels like.
- Think about what ‘going with the flow’ is like and what it might mean for you to be carried forward by God towards good things.
- Think about a compass, offering its bearers true directions when we feel lost.
Reflect on your desire to be loving, joyful, peaceful, kind, good, trusting, gentle, and self-controlled.
As you sit calmly and breathe gently in and out… pray the following…
Jesus, fill me with your Holy Spirit more and more.